HEALTHY CRUISE VACATION
Good News for the health conscious who love cruise vacations, your Holiday spell become healthy here!! Any retreat is a good retreat but a cruise vacation is the crème de la crème of vacations especially during summer. The last thing you would want at mid-sea is to be hit by a bolt of sea sickness converting your much awaited gala time into a nightmare. Let’s learn a few smart tricks to keep our cruise vacations healthy
HEALTHY TIPS FOR SMOOTH SAILING
- Drink plenty of water at least a week before you set sail. A well hydrated body protects you from sickness.
- Eat lots of fresh fruits, salad and antioxidant rich foods. A power dose for your immunity can work wonders
- Stay Active, keeping yourself fit and feeling light is the best preventive measure you can take rather than alighting with a bloat.
- Carry your nausea fighting snacks- Salt coated ginger sticks, oil free homemade pickles, peppermints, some homemade churan and chaat masalas work wonders.
- Choose a cabin on the lower decks as you would be less prone to sickness than the higher ones
- Preferably have a balcony or be close to the open areas of the deck, breathlessness and closed spaces leave you feeling more nauseous.
CURB SEA SICKNESS NATURALLY
- Salty and spicy is your savior here , nibble on some pickles or chaat masala flavored fruits to calm your nausea down
- Keep nibbling every 2-3 hrs on something , salt coated dried ginger is a great choice. An empty stomach can make you feel more sick.
- Distract your mind by watching some TV or listening to music, sea sickness in most cases is a psychological condition. Breathing exercises in open air work best.
- Stay on the lower decks and away from the other sick fellow passengers.
- Drink minimum plain water when sick, electral water or apple juice are good options which can be sipped especially if vomiting occurs.
- Never try to read or browse on your computer, mobile and other devices. Any activities which require concentration can worsen sea sickness for you
- Don’t drink too much fluids, this tends to jump in the stomach making you feel more nauseous and uncomfortable. Small sips are best.
- Avoid sugar, desserts, tea, coffee, green tea. These can make you feel more acidic, instead sipping on lime flavoured electral water would work best.
- Don’t exercise on a sick stomach, you won’t feel any better, a light walk can be done if you feel gaseous.